Taxonomy-based item and document classification in SharePoint 2010 / 2013 helps users to find the information they need much faster, it gives context to the cloud, connect users to social networks, provides portal-wide activity feeds and enables a new way to access information independent of the storage location. The Taxonomy Manager offers a complete taxonomy life-cycle management application to import, create, deploy, improve and export terms. Additionally it extends the term store to add more advanced attribute to terms, like content classification rules. Classification rules are used for automated or semi-automated content classification tools like Auto-Tagger and Tag Suggester.
* Advanced import / update features: Support of additional formats to import free and commercially available taxonomies, e.g. SKOS. Out-of-the-box SharePoint supports CSV only, localization and synonyms are not supported by default.
* Export feature: Taxonomy Manager allows exporting SharePoint-based corporate taxonomies without any loss of information into several different formats, e.g. SKOS. Out-of-the-box SharePoint doesn't offer any export.
* Update feature: Allows update of changed taxonomies without loss of applied tags or terms, e.g. for deployment to production server.
* Management of custom term attributes: You can add and manage additional custom term attributes. Out-of-the-box there is an API only in SharePoint 2010 for managing custom term properties.
* Classification rules: You can create and manage tag rules for content-based auto-classification including rule auto-generation and rule validation. Out-of-the-box classification rules are not supported by SharePoint 2010.
* Term relationship management (planned): You can point to completely different terms, that are related to the current term in any way. Related terms can be used e.g. for advanced navigation features.
* 100% SharePoint 2010 / 2013, certified as Platform Ready for Microsoft SharePoint.
Tell us your experience with SharePoint Taxonomy Manager2.6
RELATED PROGRAMS Our Recommendations
SharePoint Permission Manager TRIAL SharePoint Permission Manager Search, Analyze, Manage and Backup SharePoint permissions on a centralized platform. SharePoint governance assigns responsibilities and access levels to various contents in your SharePoint farm. However, when your permissions get more complex, permission... Download
Taxonomy Metadata for SharePoint 2010 TRIAL Knowledge Management and Social Networking are unleashed, for real this time, with the upcoming new version of Microsoft SharePoint 2010. SharePoint 2010 now fills the big gaps in 2007, with managed taxonomies and folksonomies, expertise finding, content rating, and commenting. To unlock the... Download
SharePoint List Sync TRIAL Wouldn't it be easier if you can combine different SharePoint lists in one so you don't have to go back and forth between different lists? Or break down a large list into different lists according to preset conditions? SharePoint List Sync simplifies project management among different... Download